Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sally Update

Thank you all for your prayers today. My mom's surgery is done. She is recovering in a special ICU unit at Desert Banner. The great news is that they did not have to remove her right lung, just the damaged area on the right lobe. The Valley Fever was so severe that it had connected the lung to the chest cavity which took the surgeon a long time to cut the two to disconnect. By the time I left the hospital she was already breathing on her own without a respirator.

Things are still very serious for her and will for quit awhile, so I covet your prayers. She'll be in ICU for a week or so, getting great care. Pneumonia and infections are very common to set in and her lung needs to build back up (not correct term...her lung is collapsed too due to surgery) which happens with deep breaths, although VERY painful due to all her ribs being broken.

God sure blessed me with some peace today as I turned around in the pre-op room to see my sweet friend Kari's mom working that room (nurse). She held my mom closely while she was getting her epidural and then held her hand until she was asleep for the surgery. That meant the world to me.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Dearest Kymberly and Sally,
You are in my thoughts and prayers! I have so much empathy! I am praying our favorite verse: "you will keep her in perfect peace, her whose mind is stayed on you because she trusts in you" Isaiah 26:3. Please take this as a hug over the internet! Let your mom know that she is being covered in love and prayers.

Lori said...

Thanks for the update. We are praying daily for speedy and uncomplicated recovery for your mom.
Lori

Leah said...

I am so glad she came though the surgery well. We are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.