Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Must Read!


This is a children's summer "must read" for those who love to read or listen to chapter books. Baylee received this as a gift from dear friends (Matthew/Michael...thanks guys!) and we will forever be grateful. It kept Baylee, Nathan, and even little Owen's total attention and begging me to keep reading each day as we'd make predictions of what would happen next. It was such a fun dramatic read aloud! We just ended it and I want to start it all over again!

It's a darling story of Edward, a china rabbit who has a "good life" but has no attitude of gratefulness. He's loved but doesn't "give" love back. Through this story, Edward's life is tossed up and down as he journeys to learn to love and find love, once again.

I've never read any of by Kate DiCamillo's books before, but now I am going to be sure to find more!

If anyone else has book suggestions, I'd love to hear them. We're about to hit summer vacation and we'll have time on our hands to dig into some great literature!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for the recommendation. We will have to check the library for it. Anastasia is starting to make her summer reading list for the different reading programs this summer. I would recommend to you Honey For A Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt. It is an annotated list of books for ages 0-14. It is awesome and she is a Christian. You might could find it at your library or check amazon.com. I use mine too much to loan it out. :)
Lori

Rachel Olimb said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Kymberly, I'm making a list! I can only recommend Baby's 123's, but I'm guessing your kids have surpassed this reading level :).