Thursday, May 29, 2008

He's My Superhero!


Nathan at age 5 ½ endured a colonoscopy today, poor guy (in addition to the “cleaning out process” yesterday which included fasting for 43 hours!). He was a trooper through his fear and discomfort. I am so proud of him and in awe of how he handled it all. He’s my superhero, hands down! Results will come back next week from his biopsies, we’ll keep you posted. I’m glad this week is almost done! It’s been a long one! I guess you can say, we're all "pooped out!"

Nathan’s orange pal, Leo came along with him today at Desert Banner. I got him dressed for the occasion as you can see from the top photo. The doctors even let Leo in the room during the hour long procedure. Nathan's face was snuggled up close to Leo's while he was deep, under anesthesia. They both took a nap together, we like to say.

Hospital policy is that patience leave the hospital in a wheel chair. Nathan did not like that policy! To help him through it, Owen jumped on for the ride too. Nathan liked that a lot! Great idea, Curious Owen. You always find a way to make us smile.


What a special blessing! Nathan received this amazing balloon bouquet with special delivery from the teachers and staff of children’s ministry at church. Talk about putting a smile on my boy's face. WOW!

1 comment:

Rachel Olimb said...

Nathan, you are my superhero too! That's a really long time to go without eating and a very grown up procedure to go through. We love you and hope you will feel better real soon!