Saturday, May 31, 2008

Introducing Jill and Micah Parker

Tonight I witnessed the beautiful wedding ceremony of Jill and Micah, a very sweet young couple that is so in love. Jill was a former student of mine, a total sweetheart. Her family means the world to me, so much that we’ve stayed in touch since she and her sister Jackie’s fourth grade year with me. Now both are married and one is a mommy!

Jill and Micah’s ceremony was in Gilbert at Villa Siena, an absolute gorgeous place to celebrate any wedding with a Tuscan Villa theme (you have to look at the site). It’s the best place around with fountains, green gardens, cobblestoned walk paths and columns, and a roaring’ fireplace as a backdrop. I’d get married there in a heartbeat!

I got very emotional watching this union. It only seemed like yesterday when Jill was in my class. I watched thinking how close (2 years) Baylee is from being in 4th grade, which is the year I had Jill. From Jill being in my class to now standing up to get married…wow, it’s like a flash! How can time go so quickly? Also, watching Jill and Tom, her dad dance got me to thinking of my niece Amanda and how she won’t have her daddy to dance with at her wedding, nor walk her down the isle. Ugh…the tears were flowing!

Sadly, my camera was dropped early on, leaving me with one two snapshots of the day and a mangled lense. The one of them saying their vows is real blurry. It was a distance shot that I cropped to see them.

To Jill and Micah, I know you two are going to have a fantastic marriage. Between the love you have for one another and for the Lord’s marriage covenant, nothing can separate you. I love you Jill and can’t wait to grow in love with your hubby! I am sad to see you move so far away but am excited how close this will bring you to one another.


No comments: