Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mother's Day Came Early This Year


Today in Nathan's class, they hosted a very special day just for moms with the theme of "Soda Sippin'". Since school comes to and end next week, they thought it would be special to celebrate Mother's day. I couldn't have agreed more!

The kids had delightful handmade flower pots as gifts waiting for each of us and prepared songs and sharing of scripture. It was all so precious! They took the tune of "Jesus Loves Me" and changed the lyrics to "Mommy Loves Me":
"Mommy loves me yes I know,
for she hugs and squeezes so,
She's my best friend can't you see,
Jesus gave her all to me!
Yes Mommy loves me,
Yes Mommy loves me,
Yes Mommy loves me,
and I love her too!"


We also had center time where we traced each other's hands and positioned them so the I LOVE YOU sign was displayed. We put them on sticks and placed the two "flowers" in our new pots. Now talk about a work of art! I am proudly displaying it in my home already.

We worked up quite an appetite after that, so we slowed things down a bit for rootbeer floats, one of Nathan's favorites! Nathan and I even had the idea to share a cup, cheek to cheek.

Ms. Redding read us an adorable book, I Love You This Much while our kiddos sat on our laps. All of them loved repeating, "I love you this much!"

Wow, I can't believe Nathan's last year of preschool is ready to conclude. He's been surrounded by such beautiful, dear people...FRIENDS (which include Miss Redding in that label)! I couldn't have asked for a better year for Nathan.

(Benji and mommy Lisa)


(Gavin and mommy Tiffany)


(Harrison and mommy Debbie)


(Bennett and mommy Ginger)


(Jack and mommy Ann)

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

what a fun day to honor you!!! You deserve it my friend. I love you