Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Prayer Request


Please pray with me...

#1 My nephew Josh (Johnny's son) is now in a 30 day rehab center to ‘detox’ from his addiction to heroine. Last week he was picked up by police for speeding, possession of heroine, possession of needles, etc. He spent a little more than 24 hours in jail and then was picked up by his loving mother and driven to the upper state of Nevada. My prayer is that God would speak to Josh while he is there and that Josh would truly surrender his life to Christ and then live a totally transformed life. God’s power is much stronger than any addiction!

#2 Also, please continue to pray with me for the men involved in my brother’s death. We know of at least three men who were involved and one man who was with him while Johnny died and didn’t call out for help, but instead walked away from him. Pray that the images of my brother’s death and the sorrow would bring these men to their knees (if they haven’t’ already) and that they’d call to Christ Jesus for forgiveness and then have a personal relationship with Him. The best gift out of my brother’s death would be that others would come to a saving faith (like Josh and then men mentioned). Indeed, God truly would be glorified!

No comments: