Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gratituesday-Jon's availability


“Give thanks in all circumstances”…even with Jon’s job loss and no interviews this week, God? Yes! Scripture says ALL! So, here I am, doing what I know is right until it feels right. And besides, I know I am to run on head knowledge, not heart knowledge. There’s always something to be grateful for.

I am thankful that Jon had time and was willing to endure Nathan having to have more “routine” blood work done today. I absolutely, positively, without a doubt despise taking Nathan in and watching the technician, who has a job at hand to do (with a long needle in hand too, I might slip in here) show no sign of caring how my sweet (but totally scared) five-in-a-half year old son is feeling! It’s pure torture for Nathan, I know…but it is also pure agony for me too. What do you say to your kid when they’re about to suffer through the fourth series of blood being taken in two months, knowing that there is much more to come in the weeks and months ahead? Not much. So, thank you God (and Jon)…I am so very thankful for the fact that Jon didn’t have a job to do today, this Gratituesday. I love you Jon, you’re the best!

2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Poor Nathan! He's had to endure a lot of adults things lately. What a strong little boy he is!

Denise said...

You are so positve! I know how it feels to see your child go through this. I can't imagine what was going through Mary's head when her boy was put on the cross for our sins. Ugh! Love you!