Monday, July 21, 2008

The Power of Prayer


Many would classify me as a prayer warrior, an honoring title I’d gladly take! For me, I’ve seen miracles done for those that have been fervently on their knees and know that nothing is too small or big for that matter to bring to the Lord.

Once we knew Baylee was accepted into Edu-Prize for kindergarten, a public charter school, God laid on my heart to hold a prayer time with other families that are believers that send their kids there. I knew of nothing “wrong”, I just knew that I wanted to make this school thing, a partnership with God as the leader. I contacted our church, asking them for suggested families and then got the ball rolling with invitations.

Since then to this past Friday night, we’ve meet a total of 5 times (twice a year…the Friday before school starts for Fall and then for Spring) and I can’t begin to tell you how simply wonderful it’s been. God’s presence is amazing and it’s also knitted many of us families together in a beautiful way.

On Friday night, 23 adults, including 3 teachers, joined us in prayer in our family room for the campus, curriculum, children, volunteers, and staff. It brought me to tears and gave me chills, uniting ourselves for One purpose. It’s calmed my anxiousness of the days ahead and truly is the BEST way to begin any school year!

“The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right and his ears are open to their prayers.” 1 Peter 3:12

(Thank you to the Keller family for watching our kiddos on Friday night so it could be an "adult only", peaceful night. They had a super time!)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for hosting this! It was great to meet you and we hope to see you around school or church!