Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Date With Owen


I had to keep my mind preoccupied as Baylee and Nathan were off at school today, so I planned a date with my little buddy Owen, who frankly could use some ‘mind preoccupation too’ for the same reasons. Since Daddy was ‘free’ as we are calling it, he came too, giving me two men to enjoy. Owen lavished in the attention he was getting, full of laughs and smiles. Our first stop, QT for an orange cream slushy


then off to the Superstition Springs Mall to (finally) ride the new double-decker carousel (3 times!). Owen absolutely loved being on the second story with the elephant first, the horse, then the gorilla holding a banana.
(Daddy only rode with us once because he got too dizzy.).
Riding the carousel all-day-long would more than likely be an ideal day in our little OJ’s mind
(Walking past the carousel, he ran into the cow from Chick fil-A.)


Owen surprised us with how “okay” he was with his brother and sister, his built in playmates, being gone…or so we thought. Heading home, before school was out was “not an option” in his book. He sobbed saying over and over again, “I want to go pick them up now. I want the Kempiak family back together!” Poor guy! Then to top it off, once it was time to pick them up, Owen fell asleep exhausted in his car seat. He wasn’t even able to see them end their day at school and begin it again with him. Nonetheless, once he did wake, he was full of spunk and zeal, ready to play with his best friends in the whole world. Thank God neither had homework yet, so they were able to give Owen full attention. There was a whole lot of kissing going on!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I didn't know the carousel had been redone. That might need to be on our list for my first day off.