Sunday, August 10, 2008

Water Wonderland

Our week’s been packed with school related things, including me getting more volunteer hours in at Edu Prize. I’m over half way towards our required 80 hours for the school year already and it’s only the fourth week of school. Yikes! Well, before beginning my “substitute teaching duties,” I just had to squeeze a few more hours in Nathan’s class one last time until I can do it again in late October. I also needed to be in Baylee’s class to prepare my mind, students, and lessons for the week's to come!

With that said, our Party of Five needed some FUN family time to release. I planned a fantastic Friday night, medicine to our souls and uptight schedules. My cousins Laura and Kaydon joined us since Kasey was out of town and Baylee’s friend Sabrina did too since her poor mommy is recovering from ankle surgery.



After school ended on Friday, we all piled in our van and headed out to Tempe to pick up pizzas near the university then straight to Tempe Beach and Splash Park to play in the cool water. The kids had a fabulous time just being kids, running around and enjoying all the water features. And I had a fabulous time as well, watching and joining in on the water fun for a bit. It brings great joy to me to watch happiness on my kids' faces and laughter roll out from their little bodies. Our night was great; we even shut the place down, with the water totally being turned off! We were some of the last to leave. As for our family, we want to go again before it closes down for the season.



1 comment:

Debbie Bower said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Bowerfam will have to try to make it out there next year...

You got some beautiful pictures of the kids under the water!