Thursday, August 14, 2008

He Made Me Laugh Out Loud

As Nathan and I were changing out the sheets to his bed together tonight after his bath he asked me,
“Mommy, what if someone wanted to sleep naked in bed.”
With some concern and a lot of confusion I asked, “What do you mean?”
“Well, what would it be called?”
I was silent trying to figure out what to say when he quickly chimed in, “How about Skinny Sleeping like Skinny dipping?”
-He made me laugh out loud!-

Shortly after, we walked down the steps to fetch some water bottles when we found Owen in the playroom, standing with only a shirt on. His backside was to us as he was fumbling through the play kitchen (totally cute image). Nathan laughed and yelled, “Look, he’s Skinny Playing!”
-Again, he made me laugh out loud!-

I sense a theme is in full fruition here at the Kempiak Party of Five’s house!

4 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

So glad you recorded these memories! Such a funny little boy :).

mama bird said...

Love it! Thank you for sharing a make your "heart smile" story. ;)
The Roberts

Lori said...

Oh I love it! Kids say the darndest things and that one is too cute. Hope all is going well with your teaching.
Lori

RWJR said...

That was some quick witty thinking on your part to come up with that clever answer :)
Nathan is such a little sweetie pie....
~Anne