Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gratituesday-Denise, Nana & Papa, Lisa, and Laura

Heading back to work, even though it is for a short time, ten weeks, has been a very big challenge for us all. The one who’s had to adjust the most is our sweet Owen. And really, he hasn't "adjusted"! He’s being shuffled about each day and confusion has totally set in. “Why does Baylee and Nathan get Mommy and not me?” he cries.

My level of “to do’s" is even higher than it has been in a long time (which doesn’t seem possible) however this is for sure…I still need to stop and express my gratitude to God in the midst of it. He’s in control of this “chaos”.

There are four people that have really stepped up during this time, helping in huge ways. For them, I am humbled and thankful.

To Denise, I am grateful. You lovingly take care of our Owen Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays. You do it as he has a total “attitude” about being there and cries hysterically as we walk to the door and as I leave. You are an angel in clothes. Thank you for gracing my life with your gift of service. I am so glad that Owen and Little Ross and Daniel's friendships get to grow over this time! You have such sweet boys and a fun family!


To Nana and Papa, I am grateful. You drive the hour distance to allow Owen to be home for a day to play with his toys and be in his home. It brings him comfort to be here and with you. Thank you.

To Lisa, I am grateful! Fridays are your only “non homeschool day” but that doesn’t seem to matter to you. You willingly and happily take in our sweet three year old boy! Owen absolutely loves his buddy Ethan and eating blue cookies with him.

To my cousin Laura. I am grateful! You too are in the “back to work” mode, bless your heart and you do so much to help me out. Thank you for picking up Owen four days a week to bring him to me once I am done teaching. He loves being in the classroom, especially to be reunited with his brother, sister, and mommy. And it gives me a chance not to feel “guilty” being at work last to finish up loose ends if my three musketeers are by my side. Laura, I love you and am amazed by you and your relationship with Owen. He'd follow you anywhere!

I am a blessed lady. I have so many selfless friends and family. These are just icing on the cake!

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

It is such a blessing for me to be able to spend time with the kids!!! I am always here to help, any way I can! I love you and your party of 5!!!