Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School (for me)


It’s official; I am now Baylee’s teacher for the next eight weeks because her sweet teacher, Mrs. Runyon gave birth to her son Kade on Saturday. Everyone needs a first day photo, right? Well here we are just before heading out.

Instructing the twenty precious children Kelly entrusted in my care will be wonderful. They are all so very dear. I treasure this divine time the Lord set before me to teach and take it very seriously. As I did when I was a full time teacher in my own classroom, I begin my day in prayer before the kids fill the building, specifically naming each boy and girl by name.

P.S. Pray for Owen, this is a very hard adjustment on his part. He's sacrificing a lot for his sister's gain. A huge thank you to Denise, Laura, Nana/Papa D, and Lisa for helping me with my little OJ!

3 comments:

Debbie Bower said...

What a wonderful time! I will be sure to hold you up in prayer as well, as Owen. I'm sure this is hard!

We love you guys!

mama bird said...

Dear Kymberly,
What a blessing for Baylee and the other kiddos to have you praying and teaching them. :) We will keep Owen and you in our prayers as you all adjust. ;)
The Roberts

RWJR said...

YEAH! Mrs. Kempiak is BACK! I know the kids are just LOVIN' the fact that YOU are their teacher - what a wonderful blessing......
I know Owen will do great - so much love surrounding him :)

love,
Anne