Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans' Day 2008

The kids are off today for the holiday and I thought it would be a great time to visually show them the meaning behind their day off, so…off to a Veterans’ Day parade we went (with my cousin Laura and kids joining up with us as well). This was a great decision! I felt so proud to be an American facing the endless rows and miles of soldiers that paraded in some form or fashion down the city streets of Mesa.

Boy Scout troops at one point held flags with photos of Arizonan soldiers that have lost their lives sacrificially. This went on for almost a mile, I’d say. It was very touching!

After the parade some sweet gals from my Brownie troop held a Veterans’ Day ceremony with one other troop at a new senior living center. Again, another touching thing to do…very moving!


What a great, MEANINGFUL day this was!

God bless America!

No comments: