Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thanksgiving Surprise!



Thanksgiving is my “dad’s holiday". It has been for 18 years or more that we’ve been with him and Pat. And for ten of those years, it’s been spent in Greer (even before my dad and Pat’s cabin, Mountain Spirit, was built), a truly beautiful place to be, especially for the holiday.

Usually we spend it with Pat’s kids too, but this year neither set could come. I was going to miss their absence.

My dad and Pat had other plans, sneaky ones! Without telling us, they talked to one of our dearest friends, the Keller family, and invited them to join our traditional long weekend and feast. As our van pulled into the lot, another van was before us, unveiling the surprise, and on the front deck, my dad, Pat, Tim, Lisa, Daniel, Benji, Ethan, and little Noah were all waving as the Kellers pulled in just 20 minutes prior. You should have seen my family’s faces in the van. I wish I had it in photo form! I don’t know how they pulled it off!
(The cabin was so warm and welcoming. This is the view from walking in.)

(Where we hang out, the family room)
(This is Barney the Bear, our mascot you can say...carved from a tree by the deck. He dresses for all occasions!)

We had a wonderful time altogether. We went Geo Caching, hiking, played frisbee golf, lots of games,

great conversation, cookouts by the fire, playing in the snow,




animal watching, go carting,






baking,
tree decorating,

and much more. The best part was… we were together and ever so thankful for kindred hearts.

This was another, never forgetting Thanksgiving celebration and I thank Dad and Pat from the bottom of my heart for their hospitality and love. I also thank the Keller's for leaving behind their family in the valley to warm our hearts. We were truly honored! It wouldn’t have been the same without you!





(I had to add this in here. It's "the guys" in the kitchen, doing dishes!)

No comments: