Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!



My family has an exceptionally unique way of making me feel special, especially on my birthday. The day began as any would but after my early evening tutoring session, I came home to our “traditional” silly stringing endeavor. You see, every birthday boy or girl gets pelted with four cans of silly string (one per family member, minus the birthday person), filling the recipient with that gooey wet string from head to toe and tons of laughter that trumps the colorful mess left behind.

I opened my precious cards and gift then we headed for yummy lettuce wraps (one of my all-time favorites) then…to the Melting Pot for dessert (yahoo!). We had two pots of true ‘yummyness’! There’s gotta be something like this in heaven!



I’m not a person that get’s freaked out by numbers/age (or at least not yet)…so I welcome 38 and look forward to all the wonderful blessings God has for me in the months and years to come!

Thank you to my friends and family that wished me a special day!

No comments: