Friday, November 28, 2008

2,191

Nathan is 6 today,
which makes him approximately 2,191 days old.
Amazing!
He was born on Thanksgiving, the best Thanksgiving of my life!
I’ll never forget it.

Traditionally I write my kids a lengthy letter each year on their birthday sharing my heart, prayers, their year, etc. This year is no different but for blogging purposes; I’ll highlight 6 things that make Nathan one of the BIGGEST loves of my life!

6.You have this amazing connection with music and love having it playing non stop. You are talented in that area as well and I cherish the times I hear you singing (even when you are sleeping). Even as a newborn, music calmed you. Amazing Grace used to be your lullaby. I still would like to predict that possibly you’ll be a music pastor where you’ll be able to share the Gospel in a way that people can learn from and be touched in the process. (You, on the other hand, think you’ll be a professional ball player of some sort... I think most little boys think that.) I KNOW you will bless people though music somehow, even if it isn’t a profession.

5. You are the BEST big brother to Owen and little brother to Baylee. All three of you are best buds, the only way I’d want it. You share, lift up, and play together so well!

4. You are always kind, self controlled, and considerate. Teachers, other adults, kids you are surrounded by all comment on that.

3. Your smile brightens up any room. It makes your eyes glow and makes me feel so very special and warm. Just writing this gives me big images in my head and again, I’m warm!

2. I tell you this often, you have the BEST hair out of everyone in our home. It is so thick and amazing! I love the thickness, color, wave, texture. I tease you saying that it’s a gorgeous color and shine because you used to eat so much dog food that it gave you a ‘glowing coat’. You love hearing those stories.

1.You know how to love and aren’t scared to share it. You tell me so many times a day the most beautiful 4 words I could ever ask for, “Mommy, I love you!” Now that you are at school practically all day, I feel a loss for it but right when I see you, you pick up where you left off! Seriously Nathan, you tell me at least a handful of times each and every day!

Sweet, sweet Nathan. I love you. You are beautiful inside and out. I am honored to tell the world that Nathan Kempiak belongs to me. I praise God that he has given me the total privilege to raise you. I don’t take it lightly and earnestly pray that God is pleased in the way we are bringing you up. My biggest prayer is that He touches your heart with his everlasting love and that you passionately seek him as the years go by. He will always be your best friend! I love you buddy. Happy birthday!

Here you are Nathan with your favorite breakfast food, scrambled eggs. Notice the candle?

1 comment:

Rachel Olimb said...

Happy Birthday, Nathan! You always make me smile. I love watching you grow!