Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gratituesday



This Gratituesday I am thankful for the simplicity of God’s Word and its availability to me. I take it for granted often, shame on me! There isn’t a situation in my life that God doesn’t have something to say about it in the Book of Life and I am grateful that he’s opened my eyes and ears to understand and obey it. I’m not perfect at all, just a work in progress!

I’m in a learning curve of many things right now and find life to be challenging. Sometimes I am a slow learner. But when push comes to shove, these challenges show me how reliant I must be on Him, how BIG He is and how small I am, and who God is growing me to be! Some things He’s teaching me are:
- to practice forgiveness daily (Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3)
- to grow in my humility (Psalm 66:18)
- to remind myself daily that He is in total control (Romans 8, Jeremiah 17:9-10)
- to grow in grace (1 Corinthians 15:10)
- to show unconditional love (“Love always believes, hopes, perseveres, never fails, etc…1 Corinthians 13, 1 Corinthians 13:6-7)
- to practice patience (Ecclesiastes 7:8, Romans 2:4, Colossians 1:11)
- to trust ( Jeremiah 17:7-8, Psalm 112:7)


Thank you Lord that you have not lost your mighty grip on me and I know you never will. Help me to stay diligently focused on you, never living in fear but in total awe of your power! Thank you for my life in You and that we live in a country that we can openly share our faith.

No comments: