Friday, October 10, 2008

Flashback Friday-My First


I’ve seen it done before on other blogs and have been intrigued so I thought I’d give it a try. No plans for doing this weekly, I don’t think, but just another opportunity to keep a written journal of my life as a parent, wife, mom, and friend and the journey those 'titles' take me. So today, I begin “Flashback Friday”. Anyone want to join? It only takes one photo and just a little writing.

When Baylee was little, I still worked as a teacher. Lara, my dearest friend from childhood, worked too as a teacher, both of us doing a “job share”…just not with each other. Lara worked mornings and I worked afternoons so daily we’d flip flop babysitting services for one another, giving our kids 5 days of play dates.



The kids loved playing together (and still do). They especially loved being pushed around whether it be in a laundry basket or in a play car.



Baylee walked before Alyssa, but that didn't stop them from getting around together. Alyssa would just belly crawl to wherever Baylee was (whether Baylee would like it or not...territorial toddler at times). They had their own 'language' spoken too.

Justin was fascinated with Baylee’s thumb sucking and would cuddle with her and give it a try. His thumb tasted “different” and not as “yummy” he’d tell us.


Baylee was born a ‘natural mommy’, we’ve always said that. Here’s an example. Baylee didn’t like dirty diapers and apparently Alyssa had one. Since Ms. Fink was “busy” Baylee took it in her own hands, getting the wipes, changing pad, and a new diaper. Alyssa didn’t mind who was taking care of her. So cute!

I hope you've enjoyed some of the adorable photos of Alyssa, Justin, and Baylee I've pulled out of my archives. It’s been fun strolling down memory lane.

They’ll be forever friends, just like us mommy’s who have known each other for 20 years!


2 comments:

PAPA JOHN said...

gftxkMY O MY HOW TIME FLYS

SOME GREAT PICS

LOVE DAD

Amy said...

I got your comment on my blog, but wasn't sure how to reply, so I came here to your blog. We were at my husband's parent's cabin. It is on Northwoods Rd, about a half-mile up the road. There's a sign that hangs out front that says, "Weber's Log Cabin" because they rent it out through the Cabin Keepers. This year, I loved being there (more than the past 6 years) because all my kids have grown up a little (my youngest is now 2) and we were capable of doing more exploring. Do you guys go up there often?
Maybe I'll find you on facebook, because it might be easier to write that way. Thanks for writing! -Amy