Friday, October 17, 2008

Flashback Friday


Our family is so not in the popular crowd these days! In the past two weeks, we’ve lost count of friends that are at Disney for fall break. Somewhere around 18 families we know went to the Happiest Place on Earth and NOT us (boo hoo). So today on Flashback Friday, I decided to reminisce about a Disney trip I’ll never forget. It’s etched in my mind forever!

Right before Baylee turned 3 and Nathan 1, we spent several days at our favorite place, Disneyland. We love visiting there in November, right when the Christmas decorations fill the entire park. It’s a magical place already, but wow…with Christmas, it really is magical.

The kids were in awe of the characters for sure and spent much time snuggling with any of them that would join.

As a first, we spent the $10 per person for a semi private birthday party with Minnie and Mickey. Since then we’ve returned to do it again because it’s such a blast.

This is a photo of our Baylee. Isn’t it cute? As we were walking down the stairs from Dumbo (a ride we did a lot), she just sat herself down and said, “Daddy, take my picture” then smiled. So sweet!

Nathan on the other hand loved the carousel. When Jon and Baylee went on Dumbo 3 times in a row, we just hung out on the merry-go-round.

This was probably my favorite part of each night. After fireworks, Main Street USA (and near Small World) gets even more magical as it snows (bubbles). It really looks like it. The first night we experienced it, Jon and I just cried, happy tears. It was so neat experiencing it with our children.

I love Disney. I’m going through withdrawals! Please tell me our family wasn’t the only ones not invited to the park (he he).

1 comment:

Debbie Bower said...

I get to see the snow on Main Street for the first time, this year... I can't wait!