Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shout to the Lord!


I don’t have much to say, except how cool it was to watch American Idol (our family’s favorite show) last night (America Gives Back) and then tonight’s result show to hear the top 8 sing a beautiful praise song, Shout to the Lord! Not expected…wow…and twice! Way cool!

My Jesus, My Savior,
Lord, there is none like You;
All of my days
I want to praise
the wonders of Your mighty love.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
let every breath, all that I am
never cease to worship You.

Shout to the Lord, all the earth,
let us sing
power and majesty, praise to the King;
mountains bow down and the seas will roar
at the sound of Your name.
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,
forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand,
nothing compares to the promise I have in You.

4 comments:

The Warnes' said...

We were especially happy to hear them sing the song not leaving out Jesus name as they did last night. Way cool tonight. Vote for Jason.

Lorraine said...

Hey Kym,
This is a great blog. Your cleaning story inspired me and like you, I couldn't believe they sang this song with the name of Jesus. Wow! There's some Christian on the inside of idol production, no doubt.

Jason Addink said...

So I finally got around to watching the tape of this. Not to be too cynical, but did you notice that they changed the words on the "Idol Gives Back" night? The first line they sang was actually "My shepherd, my savior." They never actually said the name of Jesus. Maybe they didn't want to offend anyone, but still draw on feelings of Christian charity?

Even more interesting is that the next night on the elimination night, they DID start off with "My Jesus."

Either way, Paige and I both did a double take and said "Are they singing "Shout to the Lord" on American Idol?"

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

Jon and I did notice the Shepherd/Jesus switch thing too. I was so excited on Thursday night when they got it right. I'm curious on why they went back to the original wording...maybe they had complints or even the song writer (not sure who that is) called and didn't give them permission to switch it. I'm so curious!