Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Difference a Year Makes


I'm awake and just feeling, "here", kind of "Eyoreish" today (that's for you Tina;)). One year ago today marks the day my brother moved in with us for the last time. I remember it vividly and think of all the plans/dreams we made together and the super time we had with him in our home, watching him play with the kids and make us all laugh. I'm not even sure why I am writing any of this today. I don't want people to feel sorry for me or even call/write. I guess I'm just finding a way to "vent" my overwhelming emotions and putting it out there so others can understand maybe what my state of mind/emotions are right now. Hopefully I will not hurt/offend anyone during this time of sadness. I’ll be back to “normal” shortly, I’m sure.
So...today seems to be the start of the countdown towards his ever-to-early death in July 2007.

5 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

I'm totally stealing that word, I love it :). Love you, Kymberly!

mama bird said...

Dear Kymberly,
Just want you to know God has been bringing the loss of your brother to my heart lately...I didn't know the signifigance of this time of year...but God does. I will continue to pray.
Love,
erica

Debbie Bower said...

I love you! I'll leave it at that, but please know, I understand and I'm here!

I LOVE YOU - I LOVE YOU - I LOVE YOU, my Friend!

Leah said...

It is important to grieve and be sad sometimes. My thoughts are with you my friend.

The Warnes' said...

Kymberly, I too have wondered how you are doing with the loss of Johnny. I'm so glad that you shared the picture of you and your brother. How precious. You are not alone.We love you and care that you are hurting.