Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Love Listening to My Kids Talk

While driving this evening to Costco, the kids were singing, this time Baylee took the lead. Her tune was an unfamiliar one to Owen; “I’ve got the joy- joy- joy- joy down in my heart (where?), down in my heart (where?), down in my heart, “I’ve got the joy- joy- joy-joy down in my heart (where?), down in my heart to stay.”

On to the next verse, “I’ve got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart (where?), down in my heart (where?), down in my heart, “I’ve got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart (where?), down in my heart to stay.”

Stuck in Owen’s head now, he began singing the catchy tune’s second verse, with his twist on it. “I’ve got the piece of pizza that’s passing down in my heart (where?), down in my heart (where?), down in my heart, I’ve got the piece of pizza that’s passing down in my heart (where?), down in my heart to stay. Yum!”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nathan’s norm is to be very compassionate, sweet, and cuddly. Often times he tells me sweet things that melt my heart. Tonight’s one was a biggie! I’m writing it down because I want to remember it forever. “Mommy, do you know that I fell in love with you before anyone else?”
“You did Nathan?” I asked wondering where his thoughts were.
“Yes! I grew in your belly and in your heart at the same time which made my heart love you!Nobody else has done that for me before.”

No comments: