Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 Years Ago...Still Remembering


It almost seems impossible that the attacks on September 11th are now seven years past. I still can remember them vividly. I found out just seconds after swinging the doors open of our home, shouting Happy Birthday to Justin, my dear friend Lara's son. Her face showed no sign of happiness. Then she broke the news. I'm curious where you were when you heard the news, please post it.

I remember repeating Psalms 56:3-4, "When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?"

Please join me in prayer today for the families who lost loved ones. Today is a hard day for our country but nothing comes close to the pain as the ones "left behind" are feeling, I'm sure.

For those that question why this happened...

MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.'

I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.'

I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.

I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan ... I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all knew Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor.

Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.

I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?

Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.'

I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

God

2 comments:

Jason Addink said...

Hi Kymberly,

I'll leave the first "recollection." Paige and I got up like any other day. She was teaching kindergarten at the time, I was working at the same company I work at now. We got ready for work, and both left at the same time. At the time, I had no radio in my truck (I think it had been stolen.) Paige pulled up next to me on the Ray overpass on I-10 and yelled something out her window about a plane crashing in New York. I could barely hear her, could turn on a radio to find out what it was, and thought it was probably nothing anyways. I got to work, logged on to my computer, and went to Foxnews.com as always to check the morning news. Only Foxnews wouldn't load at all. I figured something must just be wrong with the internet. I worked for quite a while, I'm not sure what time, and it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't seen one other person at work. Very odd. A few minutes Andy showed up, and I said "Did you hear something about a plane crash in NY?" It wasn't until then that I learned what had happened. By that point I think both towers had fallen. The whole company pretty much spent the rest of the day gathered around the one TV we had, watching everything as it occurred.

One odd thing that has not faded to this day... anytime I try to log on to Foxnews to check the news, and the page won't load, I immediately get the sinking feeling that another attack has occurred.

Lori said...

Jay and I were just waking up and turned on the news no one was sure what was happening yet and from there we were glued to the TV the rest of the day! I posted that same poem on my blog. It is very powerful.
We are praying for Jon's parents. Please keep us posted
Lori