Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Zoo Day

Our dear, sweet friends, The Talley's invited the kids and me to be their guests for a day at the Phoenix Zoo, about 30 minutes from our home. We had a great time between lovely company, great sunny weather in the low 80s, and active and interesting animals. We probably spent most of our time at the Orangutan’s exhibit and pulled the kids away at the promise of seeing our favorite animals, the elephants. Ugh...the elephants were not out that day, there were men in the area instead. I guess they were planning a renovation of some sort. We missed the elephants!

Hopefully our next visit to the zoo will be our favorite Arizona zoo, the Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park (1 hour away). At that zoo, you get up close and personal to many animals as you feed the birds, giraffes, and walk under the cage of the black panthers (although you want to make sure you are not directly under them when they have to go potty)! The best thing there though, hands down…Jon’s dad, the train engineer! It's at that park, due to my "connections", that I got to go behind the scenes and pet/feed the newborn baby White Tigers right before I turned 30 (a dream of mine)!

What are your favorite animals to see at the zoo?


Our first animal stop of the day...here's Nathan!

Baylee and her sweet friend since kindergarten, Sabrina.

My sweet children sharing their special day with Diego...his first time at the zoo!

One of Owen's most special friends is Colton. These boys loved walking hand in hand in front of us all. The scary part...they never worried if we were right behind them. I wonder how far they would have gotten!

Is it me, or does this orangutan look like she needs a Brazier! I can relate hunny!

Not in a cage, just scampering about the zoo grounds!

This is how I felt by the end of a day in the sun, pushing a double stroller, and being alert and responsible for so many precious kiddos!

2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Wow, that giraffe is SO close to you! Haven't experienced the zoo yet, but I'm sure with a little boy I'll be there soon :). Looks like you had a fun day!

Leah said...

Brayden loves the elephants too, mostly because they have big poop. I am sure you can relate to the preoccupation with bodily functions. We saw the elephant poop one time we were there (about 6 months ago) and he still talks about it!