Friday, March 14, 2008

Operation Cookie (can you help?)


Sitting in my living room are the generous donations of Girl Scout Cookies just sitting here waiting to be “deployed” to Iraq for the men and women fighting for our freedom and protection. As I’ve mentioned, Baylee’s heart has been to collect donations of money to purchase cookies for the soldiers…that part is done (over 26 cases which equals 312 boxes of yummy cookies). We have a few names/addresses of soldiers from Arizona (we need more) that are over there, which even includes a police officer from our hometown here in Gilbert. Now we have one more step to go (or so we think). We need a way to get them out there for free. If anyone knows of companies and or organizations that will ship these perishable packages for us, we’d love to hear from you. Please help me track down a solution quickly (names/addresses of Arizona connections of soldiers and free shipping).

2 comments:

noahsmom2003 said...

Just realized I left a comment on an old post - please check out the comments from your "6 Random Things about Jon" post!!

Leah said...

Last year we (Best Buddies) sent packages to the soldiers through an organization. I can't remember the name but I will email my co-sponsor and find out.