Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Special Gift





I can just kick myself for not thinking things out today and asking the moms and dads to take a photo of our terrific Brownie troop 228 during our final ceremony. It seems like each time I take a “group photo” someone is missing and today it would not have been that way.

Anyway, Brownies “ended” today with our final ceremony. We’ll have socials over the summer but no troop meeting time. I have thoroughly enjoyed being the leader of these 18 precious girls and being a partner with my dearest, “oldest” friend since second grade, Lara Fink. Not only has it been a partnership with her as my co-leader, it’s also been a team effort with each precious family.

Today the troop presented Lara and I with lovely boxes created by my beloved friend April and with the keen photography skills of my sweet friend Kelly. It was filled with cards of appreciation as well as some gift cards. What a wonderful gift I will cherish forever!

This year we did so much…
Tour of Cerreta’s chocolate factory
Tour of Fry’s grocery store
Tour of Petco
Tour of Gilbert’s 911 dispatch center and police station
Tour of Gilbert’s fire station #1
Tour of Leap of Faith Dance Studio
Went to Rawhide Western Town
Went to see the Nutcracker
Went to see a play/musical Cookies
Went to a sing-along
Were in the Gilbert Day’s Parade (and won the Civic float award)
Collected toys for the toy pantry at a local Gilbert hospital
Collected 61 pairs of jeans for the “Save the Family” foundation (453 from the “neighborhood”)
Collected soda pop tops for the Ronald McDonald House (and still collecting)
Made homemade dog bones and blankets for a local dog shelter
Made cookbooks
Sold Fall products (candy/nuts)
Sold Girl Scout Cookies (4,956 boxes)
Had a backyard campout (in tents)
Had a movie night/ice cream social
Had a Halloween costume party
Had a New Year’s Eve party, counting down to sparkling cider to 12 o’clock NOON!
Earned many patches!
And much more…



Here are some photos of my troop.


No comments: