Monday, June 23, 2008

Ladies Weekend Retreat





I am part of an amazing group called Live Laugh Love club. Twelve of us ladies meet once a month in my home as my dear cousin Laura and I facilitate the planned out discussions (from Once Upon a Family) revolving around family traditions and family values. It’s always a highlight!

Well, this past weekend my Dad and Pat invited us into their breathtaking cabin up north (Greer, AZ) to have a Live Laugh Love retreat! Unfortunately only five of us could go this time, but regardless of those we missed, it was truly a fantastic time! I can’t think of a time where I laughed so much!

We began our trip eating out at Molly Butler’s there in the village then came back to the cabin to play my original, “Panty Game” that as you can see from the photos, was hilarious. Prior to our trip each of us “pulled” a name/questionnaire and the one we pulled, we had to buy panties for. The panties though, did not matter on size but instead…they had to “fit” their personality. We filled out a tag explaining “why” they “fit” and then guessed who they belonged to. We had some very ingenious shoppers!

Kristen's "love the world" panties from April
Kymberly's heart panties from Laura.
April's panties from Tami
Denise's panties from Kymberly
Tami's panties from Denise.




(By the way, for those that don't know me well...this whole trip was alcohol free...although these photos may make you think differently!)

We played Left, Right, Center as well as a game called “Cursed” that kept us belly laughing for hours. I still have images in my head from Cursed (Denise and Tami…from you especially)! Our cheek bones hurt and bladders were tested!

The next day we hung out and talked, enjoyed the 69 degree weather, the hail, went on a hike, and played 4 Up 4 Down. The sites on the hike were spectacular and company, so pleasurable!



Later that night, we even “interior decorated” (otherwise known as toilet papered) the Bear’s Den where our hilarious Live Laugh Love ‘sister’ was sleeping. You can say it was “pay back” in our minds. Even with ear plugs in, Denise still woke at the tail end, making us all scream like school girls and running for cover. Thank you Denise for being a “good sport”.

"We brought you toilet paper"...mentioned this because her bathroom was "out"



This trip away was much needed for us all, I know. I am so thankful to all of the husbands who allowed their loved ones to go, especially my wonderful hubby Jon! Thank you too for Dad and Pat for your hospitable hearts. Mountain Spirit creates so many wonderful memories and now this past weekend will be another one of those memories.

Kasey, we pray your recovery from having your appendix out on Friday is fast and pain-free. Your timing was perfect (if it had to fall on this weekend) so that Laura could care for you and not have to rush down from the mountain. Laura, we missed you so much and can’t wait to do this again, with you every step of the way! To my other Live Laugh Love sisters…you missed a great one. We hope to return in the Fall with you all, our dozen, this time!

By the way, Yvette came up with a great idea. She thinks the club needs a revision in the name. I agree! Now we’ll need to be called the Live, Love, Laugh-so-hard-you’ll-pee-your-pants club!

Okay...things can't be perfect here on earth, right? One bad thing happened...out of nowhere, a pine tree jumped out in back of my van as I was backing up after the hike. Go figure! Cory, I guess I'll be seeing you soon.

4 comments:

Denise said...

What fun we had! Thank you for organizing this! Really wished Laura could have made it!
Love you!!!

Debbie Bower said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I can't wait for my time in the mountains in less than 3 weeks!

What a blessing friends are!

Happi said...

Looks like a great time! Hope your van is okay! : )

RWJR said...

How much fun did THAT look?! What a fun tradition....