Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oh the Places She'll Go!

Today I left the home at 6:30AM to catch a flight to Las Vegas to see firsthand, my niece Amanda graduate from high school! What pure dedication we all witnessed this school-year, watching her make a goal to graduate and working her tail off to do so. My niece for the entire year went to her traditional high school for her classes, then took night school to gain more credit hours and then also took some independent studies from home to earn credit hours as well. WOW, YOU GO GIRL! GIRL POWER!

Amanda’s graduation was at 3:00 at UNLV and I was filled with tears of pride, excitement, (and sadness) the whole time. Not only has my “little girl” grown up but I was also experiencing this without my brother John who literally talked about THIS DAY all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had BIG plans for it!

The graduation ended, we had a party at her home hosted by her mom Lisa, and then it was off to the airport to catch a flight at midnight to head back home!

Amanda, oh the places you’ll go with that determination, perseverance, and smarts. I’ve never been more proud of you in my life. You are a phenomenal young lady and I pray for your future as you step out and experience your adult life now.

(Thank you Jon for your sacrifice of a lot of money to let me go as well as time away from work, for Shanna for taking care of Baylee’s whereabouts, and for Lisa for Nathan’s whereabouts for the day too).
(Amanda, Marissa, and Kaity (her closest girlfriends)
Lisa...a proud mom with Amanda!
Amanda and Josh (please pray for him)

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

I am so proud of her and glad you were there. I love those kids :)