Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 5th


Today would have been my brother’s 44th birthday. It’s a sad day. I’ve felt up in the air of what to do; how to celebrate, what traditions to create, and how to morn. Tonight the kids and I went to Cosmo’s dog park, just minutes from my home, a place he’d take my kids to every day! We had a quiet picnic (Mexican style since that was Johnny’s favorite) then sent off his homemade birthday cards to heaven with the help of some helium birthday balloons. He’s greatly missed. I wonder what birthdays are like in heaven.




Here's some photos from last year's 43rd birthday party at my house...



3 comments:

mama bird said...

Dear Kymberly,
Just want you to know we are praying for you. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your brother. The Good Shepherd is faithfully binding up the wounds of your precious family.
Love,
erica

Debbie Bower said...

What a special night. I know these times are hard. But, as I was just sharing with a friend the other day... I also understand that words very rarely help.

We did the balloons with notes at mom's funeral. It was a very special time.

I am sure the kids had a wonderful time celebrating their Uncle's birthday and you are doing a FABULOUS job helping them remember and grieve in their own ways.

Please let me know if there is anyway I can support you during these times!
I love you!

The Mrs. said...

I think you honered him beautifuly! We miss him and he wil foreer be in our hearts!