Thursday, July 9, 2009

A “Wickedly” Wonderful Time!

As our fifteenth anniversary gift to one another, Jon and I bought tickets to the hottest Broadway musical playing right now, Wicked…the untold story of the witches of Oz! Oh how happy I am that it flew our way! Wicked was truly was phenomenal, totally worth all the hype and our savings! The costumes…{wow},
the set…{wow again},
the makeup…{wow-we},
the acting…{wowzers!}
and the music…{wow to the tenth degree}
all of which left me with a realm of emotions; laughing, cheering, crying, and even speechless at times. To say I got sucked into the story line is a total understatement. Did I ever! At intermission I had such a lump in my throat that I couldn’t talk to Jon for a few minutes. The same rang true at the end. One thing’s for certain, I will never watch the Wizard of Oz again through the same set of eyes I used to!

Oh how I wish I could stay overnight for the next showing to catch all those clever one-liners and just bathe in the talent of the cast right next to my wonderful date, my adoring husband Jon!

Which song was my favorite? Oh it’s so hard to say! The powerful song Defying Gravity won’t leave my head, as well as The Wizard and I, and thinking of Glinda and Elphaba saying goodbye to one another forever with For Good makes my eyes well up with tears again! Can I just say I liked them all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J72thWNW6PE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0m6sclZkH0

No comments: