Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

“As for you, you meant evil against me,
but God meant it for good.”
Genesis 50:20

With reflection, today we celebrate the somberness of Good Friday. For the first time ever, I took the kids to Canaan in the Desert, a prayer garden in Phoenix run by a lovely set of nuns (since 1968). There, we went from station to station for two hours, with Bible in hand. As we stopped and saw the sculptures and scripture displayed starting from the birth of Christ to his glorious resurrection, we read it from God’s Word, then prayed specifically about that portion of God’s story. It was so peaceful there and I felt so wrapped up in emotion, a day the kids and I will hopefully never forget. (We sure missed Jon being able to join us). Praise God we know the “end of the story” and know Easter is just 3 days away!





(It gave me chills. The kids got slightly ahead of me to this station and as I approached, there they were kneeling beside each cross praying! I love this photo and want to blow it up for my walls.)



(Afterwards we went to our church’s Good Friday service then off to another, taking communion, and praising God for his mighty plan that amazingly included us. WOW!)

No comments: