Monday, March 16, 2009

Mile Marker Bags


Road trips can be so taxing no matter what age you are so for me, I wanted to make them as “painless” as possible. Ever since Jon and I were married, we adopted a tradition for EVERY distant car trip. Days ahead I purchase little things; snacks, party favors, conversational starters, riddle & maze books, etc. and put them in sealed brown lunch bags. I mark these ‘mile marker bags,’ as we call them, and divide up the miles we drive. Then after many miles have passed, bag one opens…many more miles pass, then bag two is opened, etc. You’d be amazed how quickly the trip goes, not matter what direction, because of it being ‘broken’ up in so many sections. We do these bags round trip.

Even on “adult only” trips I’ve put together bags. From those hot fireball candies to see who can keep them in their mouth the longest, bubbles to blow over the start border, to gift cards for drive-thru restaurants, the choices are endless!

No comments: