Sunday, March 29, 2009

Engineer Owen

Do me a favor please? Just pretend that it’s April 2008 (not 2009) as you read this so you don’t think I’m a horrible mom.

April 24, 2008…Owen’s 3rd birthday. Owen loves trains and especially loves riding them at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale. That’s the exact spot he desperately wanted his 3rd birthday party with his buddies to be. I agreed. We set the date and BAM! Owen got sick, running a high temperature (2 years in a row for his party) so we had to CANCEL the festivities although the cake was made and everything ‘ready’. Ugh! Practically 6 months pass when we finally get around to the “reschedule” (although it’s almost time for his half b-day party at home)…this time, the party having to be cancelled AGAIN the day of…due to a HUGE rainstorm. Double Ugh! More time passes, we get busy and Jon’s work schedule continues to be less than desirable, so we just let it slide by almost wishing we can just let his 4 year old birthday party be a combined one (3 and 4 year old party). Well, Owen didn’t forget. One day he calmly says to me, “Mommy, can we pleeeeeease have my 3 year old birthday party now?” More conversation continues and the end result leaves me wanting to, once again, plan the party. It’s been almost 11 months since he turned three and as he pointed out, we had all the stuff, so off I call my friends and family and whalla, another date is set. No fevers, no rainstorms, nothing…so OWEN FINALLY GOT HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY. I think he wore his Kool-Aide grin all day! And I, feel much much much better that I followed through (finally) with my word!


(Owen, Cocoa, and Colton)
(Owen and Ross)
(Something real cool...our cousins Jennifer and Zephyr were able to come to the party from California. It was awesome being together!)

(Colton on the bottom, cousin Zephyr, Nathan, cousin Carlie, Sabrina, Ross Jr., Baylee, cousin Blake, and Owen)
(Cousin Zephyr, Ross Jr., Colton, and Owen)

Now I’m just a month from him turning 4. We told him his party had to be in May to at least make it seem like time has passed.

No comments: