Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Celebrations

Most of you know that I love family traditions and have many for every holiday as well as things we do on a day to day, week by week, or month by month basis. Valentines Day is no exception! During a family meeting we talked about which one to share on the blog this week/holiday and unanimously this one was voted on (which kind of surprised me). So here is one, of a handful of things we do around the Kempiak Party of Five's home sweet home for the month of February.

This is our REASON WHY I LOVE YOU jar. Every year I fill the jar with those ever so yummy Riesen candies. In addition to those chocolate sensations of taste bud delight, I put in little tags that specifically say “riesens/reasons” why I love our family. After dinner we sit together, each with a candy in our mouth, and we read a reason (or two or three). I love the way we dance together to start of our family meeting…our family song rocks! I love the way we sit down weekly to write thank you notes to those in need of one. I love our compliment plate nights each Sunday. Etc. Etc. Etc. It’s really a neat time where we define who we are as a family and what we are blessed with in big and little ways.


We’re also trying a few new things this Valentine season from making lollipops, making a Valentine tree, to ordering a heart shaped pizza. Nothing huge to report but lots of love surrounds us, for that I am eternally grateful.





No comments: