Friday, January 30, 2009

Blogger and Facebook, Connecting the Two Worlds

vs.
Which do you prefer?
Blogger or Facebook?
Tell me why?
I have a Blogger and a Facebook account. To me, they serve as different functions. I LOVE blogging and blog surfing and can get lost in that world for ours at a time far more than Facebook. Blogging is my way of journaling our family activities and happenings in our lives. I like the fact that I can record a lot on any given day since I’m a wordy person and the fact that it’s there to stay for us to look back on year after year. I enjoy how personalized and creative you can get in the blogging world, down to putting music and beautiful backgrounds on your site and the comments people can leave…oh, don’t get me started, I love that too!

Facebook however helps me connect to friends from the past, as well as finding out little snippets of things from people I care about that would otherwise never blog. For instance, it’s the craze right now on Facebook, listing 25 random things about ‘you’. I had been tagged numerous times, which means I was to reply with my own list of twenty five but sat on it for a long time. We’ll I finally made my list. And I thought instead of making it a Facebook exclusive, I’d blend the two worlds together. I’d love to hear your 25 here in my comments if you haven’t sent me yours yet. Come on, give it a try! It’s fun!
25 Random Things About Me

1. I am a night owl! It isn't uncommon for me to head to bed around 1:00 (or later). I love how quiet it is during those late hours. Waking up on the other hand isn't so fun!

2. I sold my car to buy my wedding dress.

3. I think chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination ever!

4. It saddens me when I get a card (birthday, anniversary, etc.) and it’s “just signed”. I love handwritten notes on cards!

5. I do not like seeing men without shirts walking down the street or exercising/jogging. Every time Jon sees a guy doing that, he just starts laughing and nudges me! Baylee’s joined me in the “no shirt” club too. She often says, “Gross mommy, tell him to get dressed!”

6. I’m a book collector. Well, kind of. I have a big pile of books I want to read that I’ve bought. One day, I’ll get to them. I just don’t get it how moms have time!

7. I am totally freaked out over heights! I had a major panic attack in Gammage Theatre a few months back in the 2nd balcony and again in Tempe Center of the Arts when it was time to walk over an indoor bridge with glass on both sides. So sad! I haven’t always been that way…age I guess! I really want to take Baylee to the Grand Canyon next quarter too since she’ll be studying “rocks and minerals” however, I don’t think I can handle the height factor!

8. Another irrational fear I have are those large graded drains on streets and in parking lots. I purposely dodge them by walking over or around them (which Jon and the kids think is totally funny). All four of them, on the other hand, love to stand on any grade they can see and even jump, just to see my reaction. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

9. Secretly I’d be so happy if I got pregnant again…especially with twins! Jon on the other hand I think would cry! (Baylee would love to have a sister and I'd love to "give" her one...or two.)

10. My daughter’s first name is after my mom’s maiden name/family in honor of them all. Her middle name is after my junior high and high school choir director’s name, Mr. Rose from Westlake Village.

11. I fell in quick sand when I was a little girl. My brother pulled me out. It made the Arizona newspaper too. Too bad we don’t have any copies of the article.

12. Worried that I wouldn’t have enough money if I was a teacher, one night while in college I went to an open audition for the soap opera, One Life to Live. When sitting there, all prepared, God totally convicted me of what I was doing. I ripped up my number and walked out of the ‘hall’.

13. My husband thinks I need to mention that I have all the shelves in my pantry labeled (and many in my refrigerator). I’m not sure why he thinks that’s unusual.

14. My 4th grade teacher told me I was stupid…many, many, many times! Ironically, my first teaching job was as a fourth grade teacher.

15. I love God, my husband, and my kids (in that order) more than anything in the world!

16. Don’t hold it against me…as a teen my dad took me to the Jackson Five concert (you know, when Michael was on the top of the charts for Beat It, Thriller, etc.). At some point in the concert, when it was just “Michael” on stage, I yelled, “I love you Michael!” YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. I love being able to help in practical ways like watching friends’ children, setting up memorial displays for funerals, or bringing meals to people in need. That brings me joy, showing love in practical way, no strings attached! “Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3:18

18. Although my dad loves me to pieces, he’s still upset that I changed the spelling of my name from Kimberly to Kymberly. I began writing it that way in junior high and now it’s legal. My mom on the other hand, thinks it’s totally fine!

19. I have not had any caffeine since 1990 (except what’s naturally found in chocolate).

20. I have not eaten any beef since 1988.

21. I love to pray and have seen BIG things happen that didn’t seem possible. “What is impossible with men is possible with God.” Luke 18:27

22. I very rarely give up on people…even when hurt by them deeply. I’m a loyal friend and cherish the people God places in my life.

23. I am passionate about family time and having rich family values and traditions. It’s what defines us as a Party of Five.

24. I love blogging (and reading other people’s blogs).

25. I graduated from Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona. My major is education; minor is theatre, as well as having an emphasis in psychology.
Okay, it's your turn.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I think I prefer blogs. First of all, they're prettier! I think they're a bit more personal and in-depth than FB.

Kristen said...

I just found out so many interesting things about you! You have inspired me to do my own!--Someday!! Definitely like blogs better. Facebook is way to much work keeping track of everyone. I would feel to obligated to keep in touch!